To be honest, I was looking for a reason to blog, and MzzLily who is there on my mates list gave me an award, so drop by her space and read up because it's always good fun.
Before I get to the formalities, I will tell you a quick story. Remember the special dinner I cooked that included my new slow cooker and the silverside? Well, I had some of it still in the freezer because the cut was a little big. I decided to cook it up today. The last lot was a little salty for my liking so I knew that by changing the water half way it would take care of this. I got the tongs and tried to fish it out. It was almost over the side when it splashed back into the bowl so I thought a knife would help me control it, and it did. I got the meat onto a plate and changed the water. I grabbed my knife and plunged it into the guts of the meat, then grabbed another knife and plunged that in too ... hang on … where did this other knife come from?
It was the knife I had used to cut up the dogs breakfast and hadn't washed yet. Yummy! Lucky it's just me for dinner tonight.
RULES
1.Post the award and link it to the person that gave it to you.
2. Choose 5 life situations that could be repeated in slow motion and explain why.
3. List up to 2 blogs and pass the love to them.
MY 5 LIFE THINGS
1.My wedding day - because it was special and I won't ever forget it
2.Sunday morning sleep-ins - they are the best especially on chilly mornings
3.The first time you realise that you love someone - I think that vanishes too quickly
4.A cold beer on a hot day - the one right after you've finished the lawns.
5.Her laugh - just because I miss it.
I am following MzzLily and only passing this onto 1 or 2 people:
Rae over at Weather Vain Clickety click
and
Lille Diane at This Time Tomorrow Clickety click
I will take it to mean that the blog should be immortalised and I pass that meaning onto the two I gave it to. Thank you MzzLily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

congrat's on the award! I like your list, especially number 3. You're right, it does vanish too quickly.
ReplyDeleteJase,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award. I have to be honest about the knife thing. I did the same thing except it was a spoon. Yuck. I couldn't get the dog food taste out of my mouth. How do they eat that stuff-well I guess if one can eat garbage and lick them self-sort of self explanatory.
Thank you for this award. You constantly amaze me. Not just because of the award, but because I think you are a great person - I am one of your biggest fans. I love your list of five. So much insight and sensitivity -something we could all use more of. Thanks my friend.
Now I have to share a story with you... My F-i-L (in his eighties)has a few habits that I didn't discover until they began living with us. One is that he will wipe up greasy slop with the dish rag, and then hang it over the sink divider without rinsing. Another is that he will use a knife, rinse it off, wipe it with the dish rag and put it back in the drawer! I think I'd rather have the dog food!
ReplyDeleteNow that's an award that suits al your posts... Love your posts :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award. Great story as always but for some reason I feel the need to go wash all of my silverware, just in case.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
SQ
While you are in the award mode, come over to my blog and pick up another one. I figure each time you get an award we get a great story.
ReplyDeleteJudy