Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Award night

On to better things, thank you Lille Diane, an awesome blog, and super tunes to go with it http://www.woodstocklily.com . Lille Diane has given me the Most Wonderful Favorite (Favourite) Award. It's there on the mantle next to the One Lovely Blog Award.
Before I get to the formalities of accepting this award, I will tell you a quick story from when I was a youngster and won some multi school award run by the Rotary or Lions Club, or some such Club. I really don't know how or why I won, but the prize included dinner at the 'Club' to accept a piece of paper with my name on it. I was 9 or 10 at the time, and dinner out was not something we did a great deal of, except to the local pub.
It was a set meal, and I don't remember what we had except for the first course, because the story was told so many times as I was growing up. Prawn cocktails. It's best to be told like my dad was telling it: 'We were enjoying a nice glass of wine when the prawns came out. We started to eat, and I heard this crunch crunch coming from the boy. The prawns were covered in breadcrumbs, but it was too loud for that. He's crunching away on this thing all the way to the end. His mother says 'what are you doing? The shells are still on the end.' hahahahahahaha.'

These are the rules in accepting this award (copied and pasted directly):
Deliver this award to eight people (or as many-few as you'd enjoy giving it to or have time to) bloggers who then must choose and deliver the award to eight more (or as many-few as you'd like to) and include the following text into the award.
"These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."
Do you know that everyone who I would pick has this one? I have re-named it and now call it the Most Wonderful Favourite. I really enjoy reading all the blogs I follow, and am thankful that you like to drop by my space from time to time. In no particular order
1.SquirrelQueen
2.MzzLily
3.Herrad
4.Jan
5.Rae
6.chicamom85
7.myra
8.I give up … everyone has it. I should invent my own award.

Thank you

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving this award! You deserve it and thanks for sharing it with me. I will use the new name too "The Most Wonderful FavoUrite".

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Thank you. I am honored. I've thought myself about creating my own special award. But it could end up letting loose a monster...

    Congrats on your win. I'm an avid fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an avid fan, too!!! Ohhhh.... you already know that but can I say it again? Love your stories! Crunch-ity-crunch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jase,

    Came by and was sooooooooo surprised to see my name and you have fiven me an award.

    Blimey!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  5. geez Herrad
    I'm surprised someone didn't beat me to it.
    and
    Thank you all for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jase,

    Please come by my blog and pick up your award.

    Love,

    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jase,
    Oh my, I didn't know I had missed one of your post. I think I need to slow down for a few days and get caught up.
    Thank you for the award. I'm like Jan I love the FavoUrite and I will keep it that way. I will get both of these posted later this weekend.

    Thanks again,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete