Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Haircuts and awards

I had my ears lowered today. I have been cutting my own hair, but it's so hard to get the back straight and I was always cutting huge chunks out of the back, so I thought I would get a pro to have a go. I go to the battery hens of hair dressers, so there are no appointments, just turn up and wait your turn. I had a 20 minute wait so I thought I would get something to fill my belly. It was there that I spotted a girl in her school uniform, and (sorry) I was having a rather long glance. I am well aware that it was wrong, but I reasoned that she may have been kept back seven or eight times, so it was okay for me to look. I realised what a dirty old sod I really am just as she turned around to reveal that 'she' was in fact a 'he'. Serves me right I guess.
And now I have cold ears.

On to more formal stuff. The wonderful SquirrelQueen has given me an award. The 'Love My Friends Award'. When I first landed here I didn't think for a moment anyone would want to read my dribble. I didn't think people would be so kind as to leave comments for someone they don't even know. Like most new bloggers, I was welcomed by SquirrelQueen, she suggested my blog to others, and those people (that's you reading this now) have made coming here and sharing my little stories such fun. I won't be following protocol and passing this along to 10 gazillion bloggers, rather, I would like to give it back to you SquirrelQueen. You are the reason people started to read my words, I thank you.

7 comments:

  1. You are so funny. Serves you right for staring. LOL And I like reading your dribble. It is fun to stop by here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Rae said! You're an award winner in my book! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a he... instant karma. That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did the right thing SQ is one of the friendliest bloggers there is so congreats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through MzzLily and she was right. Your "dribble" is very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good story as always, and I love reading your dribble, er, excellent writing.

    Thank you for the lovely words (extreme blushing). As I remember your first couple of post got me hooked and I just spread the word.

    Keep on writing and we'll be back, like Rae said it's fun to stop by here.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Jase!!! You are always a great read, and I always leave feeling like I just sat down to a nice conversation with you.

    Good stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete