Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ugh!

Back to work after a week on a business trip and a week off sick. Here’s what happened on my first day back:
6.00am Arrived (an hour and a half early because I knew there’d be a mess)
6.02am Coffee – we have a flash coffee machine and I was really looking forward to my first coffee
6.03am Discover there is no milk and the shop won’t be open until 6.30am – grrrr!
6.30am to the shop for milk – luckily the shop is next door
6.32am begin frothing milk for my yummy coffee
6.35am pour coffee into cup and reach for sugar – you guessed it – no bloody sugar!
Now, for the normal 1 teaspoon of sugar drinker this may not have been an issue, but I take 3 heaped teaspoons in my coffee and tea and if it is 1 granule short I know and can taste the difference.
7.35am – when the person charged with bringing in the sugar arrives I get to have my first coffee and start sorting out the pile of work on my desk.

3 comments:

  1. Oh what torture! Monday morning productivity can never really begin until the caffeine from that first coffee of the morning kicks in! You have my sympathy. lol.
    ~KG~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand totally. I always have my morning coffee too before actually starting the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complete understanding and total sympathy. Must have coffee to start the day, do not venture between me and the coffee maker in the morning. LOL

    SQ

    ReplyDelete