Thursday, May 28, 2009

I shrunk my duvet inner

My dog, same one as mentioned in a previous blog, had a little accident on it so I had to wash it. At 3am it's easy to forget that your duvet inner is made of wool and you have to put the washer on a special setting for that. No it couldn't have waited until the morning, because I knew it was going to be a (rare) sunny day, so I wanted to wash it and hang it out before I went to work.
I do have another that I also shrunk when I washed it, and that's why I bought the new one because it the first one shrunk to the size of a single bed cover. I used it for the rest of the sleep time last night.
I realised my error when, by the light of the wintery moon, I took it from the washer to the clothes line and it was shriveled and resembled a telephone chord. I tried to stretch it out a little, but at that time of the morning when your toes are freezing and you can't see where there might be doggie 'surprises' in the lawn, one can be forgiven for giving up. I guess my choices are to either buy a single bed or buy another Queen sized duvet inner. Given my track record with duvet inners I think a single bed might be the smart choice.

2 comments:

  1. Jase or Cool as you have been renamed on my blog.

    Maybe you should just give the bed to the dog and you could sleep on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssstttt... I am following you now.... You are a fun read, Jase, and this is a funny post. Thanks for checking me out from SQ. She is the Queen in my book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete