Monday, May 18, 2009

Suspicion

I've recently returned from a trip abroad and returned with a corker of a flu. Despite my protests, it's not swine flu, nor is it some exotic thing that will be named after me. It's just the flu. This has nothing to do with what I want to write about. I would like to say that these days everyone in the departure lounge (except me) looks like a potential terrorist.
I admit that I viewed everyone with suspicion especially the chap who went into the smoking lounge but did not smoke. I wondered if he was looking for a lighter to commit some horrific act. I also made sure it wasn't my plane that he was boarding.
My plane was full of priests and pilgrims - I happened to be visiting a place where the pope was also visiting. Just try not to put on your best John Wayne voice when you say the word 'pilgrims'. At first I thought it was brilliant that I had so many 'Christians' on the plane with a sinner like me because naturally God wouldn't want so many of His people hurt in one shot. Then I thought that there was no better way to fill up the heavens than to take out an entire plane full (less one) of 'Christians'. I also wondered if we crashed on some snowy mountain top would the 'Christians' eat each other. I know I'd eat them.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a flight I was on. I was surrounded by nuns and they all started praying before takeoff. It gave me no comfort. I wondered if they knew something I didn't - why couldn't they just trust the pilot??
    Like your blog - and your style - hope your flu gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete