Sunday, May 24, 2009

Facebook

Lord help me, I've been trying to figure out facebook.
I'm 38, not particularly computer savvy, and all my real life friends don't play on the internet as much as I do so they don't have facebook pages. That being the case, until last night I had a total of zero friends. Thankfully one lovely soul who I met on another site asked me to add her. I now have 1 friend.
I don't know if it's because I'm new to it, or because I have only 1 friend on there, or because I think it's just a waste of time, but I honestly can't see the point. I mean I have a blog to tell people what I'm doing and the people who I am doing stuff with know what I'm doing because I'm doing it with them, so why bother to tell them? As for putting pictures on there, well I can have a slide night and invite everyone over. Break out the fondues set. Make a night of it.
Maybe I should have conquered the fax machine before moving onto more sophisticated things.
Don't even get me started on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. My sister talked me into getting a facebook account, she has about eighty friends and me, three.
    All any of them ever do is the silly quizzes. The blog is far more fun and I get to meet some really great folks.
    Twitter is kind of fun, it has been a good way to "talk" to fellow bloggers.
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ... I use facebook because my friend ask me too. But it's not too bad when you connected with old friends and cousins from all over the place. I think it's more kind of a way to let people know what you're up too, and to know what they are up to. I can add you as a friend if you like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a facebook addict. It's fun when you have loads of friends. But I got tired of it especially as I have my blog to say what's on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is funny - i can see why you got a blog award, some funny posts here.

    Thanks... if you need any help on facebook, message me on twitter lol :) Michelledh

    ReplyDelete