Friday, May 22, 2009

My girl

What is it with dogs and their need to humiliate their humans? I can handle the fact that I have to clean up after them, but it's the other things they do. Fortunately mine are both females and do not hump legs. But I have one small terrier who is whole and whenever she is 'in season' she insists on humping the poor cat, and she insists on doing this mainly when I have people visit me.
Today when that little dog was tucked up in her warm bed and wouldn't come out for a walk I took my other dog, a dessexed border collie cross out with me. She's a big strong girl, but well trained and usually very well behaved. She also loves cats, and unfortunately most cats mistake her bounding toward them as a threat instead of what it really would be … a big lick on the head.
So off we went for a walk and I thought we would take a different path today just for a change.
Do you all know that women love dogs? It's an excellent way to make new friends, especially if you have a dog who loves free pats.
Having given you the above information, I'm sure you can guess that we did indeed meet a potential new friend who had a border when she was a child and loves them. Zip-pah-de-do-dah, I thought. After a few minutes of chatting and a very well behaved dog sitting at my side I thought I might take the opportunity to ask her for a coffee.
No sooner had the words formed in my head and started to make their way to my mouth, than my dog spotted a cat and was off. Dragging me, with all the elegance of a cow, behind her.
By the time I had regained my composure and gotten my lump of a dog under control this nice woman was bidding me farewell and good luck. Zip-pah-de-do-doh!
How could I be cross with the dog? She's my girl and she was so proud of her own efforts to make a new friend too that day.

3 comments:

  1. OMG that was funny, I actually laughed out loud with you being dragged off(no offense intended of course). You never know with a dog.
    Thanks for stopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so funny, I had to laugh at the same part, the dragging away.
    Too funny,
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha ... I guess we all laugh at the dragging part. I wish I could see your face lol :)
    Btw, thanks for your comment at my post and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete