Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I've become a peach

I dunno what's going on. It seems the older I get the more magical bruises become. I noticed one today just above my left knee but I don't remember bumping it on anything. In fact I don't think there is anything in my house that is knee height. 'Hey Rocky, watch me pull a bruise outta this knee...'?
On the subject of knees, I heard on the radio that MC Hammer pants are making a comeback, for me, this is okay, not because I have a stash of them in the wardrobe, but because my fashion sense ended in 1997. These days I look for comfort and longevity in my clothing, which is why leather pants are not an option for me. In my opinion, there are only two kinds of men who can wear leather pants ... wait, three. Rock stars, not pretty boy band singers, I mean full on rock and roll mega stars. Bikers, let's face it, even if they don't suit the leather pants look, who's going to tell them? And lastly, gay men, because they just can. Because I do not fit into any of those categories, I can not and will not wear leather pants. Besides, I am sure if I did manage to get myself into them it would only rain and they would shrink on my body leading to a mega wedgie. That wedgie would be so bad that it would require hospitalisation for them to be removed and I would end up on that show '101 things removed from the human body'. After my appearance on that show, I would never be able to speak with a woman for fear of her saying to me, 'weren't you that guy on television who had the leather pants surgically removed from his bum cheeks?' Shame!
Back to MC Hammer pants. When I was in Israel, my guide took me through a Druze village and told me what little there is to know about them. The first thing she told me is there is not much known about them, the second thing, as we drove past an elderly man, a ùqqal, was that his trousers, which were MC Hammerish, were for the second coming of JC. It seems a man will be the vessel and the pants are to catch him so he doesn't bang his baby head on the road when he pops out. I gather that it is going to be a surprise. So, it seems Posh and Becks ( you know, the Beckhams) are fully into this ... the MC Hammer pants, not the religion because they couldn't get in anyway. Here's my thinking and fear on the whole matter. Lots of people are just sitting back marking off events from the Book of Revelations, right? MC Hammer pants come back in just in time for the arrival. All okay so far. What if it's David Beckham who's the vessel? We'll never hear the end of it.

8 comments:

  1. Jase,
    Go get a pair of those MC Hammer pants. You know you really want to. And make sure you post a picture of you in them right here!! I promise not to laugh. Really, well maybe just a little. Okay a lot.

    Great post. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to ask my pastor about this one! ROFL!

    Loved the leather pants bit... Reminds me of an old Friends episode. Did you see the one with Ross in the leather pants? Oh, much worse than hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Beckham isn't a vessel: he's a tool. Not the same thing.

    You could totally rock leather pants, not that you look like a biker, or gay, or even a gay biker, but because you have "rock star vibe" in you. The harem pants (aka MC Hammer pants) might earn you more bruises... some might kick you for wearing them.

    And being a peach isn't so bad: sweet, fuzzy, and smells good. Just watch for the bruising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae
    Me in MC Hammer pants doing that sideways dance? I don't know about that one.
    MzzLily
    I did see that Friends episode, too funny. I actually thought about that too when I was writing this blog.
    MD
    So true about Becks, so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, rock and roll mega star, leather pants ..... oh, wait what were we talking about?

    No, please no MC Hammer pants they don't even look good on MC. And what if you got hit by a strong gust of wind, would you go sailing off like a kite?

    Great post,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about going for comfort as we get older. But I'm going to hesitantly admit, I have a pair of black leather pants. They are about 15 years old and looked great on me back then, but I can't bring myself to take them to Goodwill. Why? They don't fit and never will and even if they did, no 51 year old grandmother should wear them. So analyze that - why can't I get rid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmmm Nina, maybe it's that naked cow hiding in the bushes outside your home just waiting for proof that you stole it's skin...cows with guns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I could think of reading this was that episode of Friends and the way my Grandma never knows where her bruises come from either. Then I got a mental image of my Grandmother in leather pants. OMG that was not a pretty picture! LOL.

    ReplyDelete