I hate to admit this, but I'm making an attempt to take care of my skin. I've noticed my dashing looks deteriorating and in a vein attempt to keep them for at least a few more days, I've started irregularly applying moisturiser. I purchased a product some time ago to help heal a scar on my back I have from when I got stabbed. Naturally I didn't apply it, so I have an awesome scar. So I dug this product out, it's called Bio-Oil, and thought it might work some miracle on my mug.
I first noticed myself aging when I found this eyebrow hair that was about three inches long, which I cut off. It grew back and started to look like a worm had hatched from my brow and was making it's way up my forehead. I tried to pull it out with my fingers, but if you get it between your fingernails they just slide off and make the eyebrow hair all curly - like what you do with ribbon and scissors. So, and after a three hour search, I found some tweezers in the first-aid kit and plucked it out. That hurt. I have decided to just keep it trimmed along with other hair that is sprouting in strange places. Oh, and your nose hair goes all free-range too. That's awful because it looks like you have a grubby nose all the time. The worst thing about the feral eyebrow hair is that it's silver. I don't even have grey hair on my head yet, but I've got this shiny brow hair that glistens in the sun bringing attention to itself.
Then there's the couch (sofa) issue. Remember when you were young and could sleep anywhere? Well, by crikey, if I fall asleep on the couch I can't move for two days. But, and this is the ironic part, I want a nap on the couch. I might be putting too much hope in the little bottle of Bio-Oil, but I expect, if I can remember to apply it, to be back to my youthful self in a matter of weeks. Oh, and the stabbing was a workplace accident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome to the land of old age. You have only just begun your trip my friend.
ReplyDeleteVery funny stuff but so true.
Jay... I am so pleased to hear that you were only stabbed in the workplace and not in some ghetto gang initiation!! haha I truly hope your oil works, and if it doesn't well then I'm guessing you need to get a more comfy couch, old man! =)
ReplyDeleteHi Jase,
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the oil and hello forever youthful good looks.
Have a good day/afternoon/evening, not sure what the time difference is between Aus and Holland.
Love,
Herrad
LMAO! Wait till it starts growing out your ears. Now THAT'S some sexy stuff ;-)
ReplyDeleteBe careful of the oil, it could clog your pores then you'll have adult onset acne beside your wrinkles and silver hair. That's REALLY sexy!
And if you really thought that hurt, you're lucky you don't feel the need to shape your eyebrows like most women do.
But seriously, all men go through this, they just don't seem to talk about it much. I think it's pretty cool that you put it all out there for us to see. And comment on. And for my personal entertainment. lol.
I once gave Hubby a gift, this little battery operated gizmo to remove shrubs from your ears. At the time, he wasn't thrilled about it. It was kinda a joke. Now he loves it! He also cuts the eyebrow things. Men! Tweezing doesn't hurt...
ReplyDeleteWorkplace accident... shanked in prison? :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and you have fewer greys than I do... I started greying at 19; my beard is full of them now, and so is my head, but keeping both cropped short fools people.
Lemme know, seriously, how Bio-Oil works out, as I have numerous marks I want to diminish. And get a new sofa, one that caters to "mature" folks. :)
But at least you've noticed and are trying to do something about it. So many men don't!
ReplyDeleteHow about some 'before' and 'after' photos?
hehe I've had the exact same eyebrow hair!
ReplyDeleteso annoying getting old isn't it.. we can all but try and look after ourselves, good luck with yours :)
Sounds like a pretty violent workplace! Might take more than bio-oil!
ReplyDeleteYou are perfect just the way you are. But I do understand the couch thing. What's up with that??? Now I do want more details on the stabbing---work related or not. Spill it... All of it.
ReplyDelete