The food gathering all went smoothly plus I got a chocolate for being well behaved. we loaded the loot into the car and headed back to her home, when from nowhere came the dreaded words 'let's just call into ...'. Memories of my wife and those words came rushing back, and I suspect it is akin to soldiers having flashbacks to their time in 'Nam.
Here's how it went: I was in charge of carrying the basket. I don't know why I had a basket because we really weren't going in there to buy anything. We set off. She seemed like she was looking for something so I asked 'what are you looking for?' That way we could just go get it. 'Nothing in particular,' she says. We'd walk half way down an aisle and she'd stop and turn around and walk back and into the next aisle. Why half way and then all that half way back? It's the same distance to walk all the way down and then into the next aisle. Then we'd stroll along and walk just past an aisle, she'd stop, turn around and go into the aisle, do a three quarter walk down it and then come back out continue the stroll. The worst part was when I was talking to her and she did that. I'm left there with the red basket talking to myself while she's vanished.
So we did the half way walk on every aisle, then got to the end, did a full aisle and went back up the other side doing the half ways on all the aisles we'd only done half way on the first time. THEN she says 'here they are'. Here what are? I thought she wasn't looking for anything!

LMAO!!! Jase, if ever I'm in NZ, you and I can go shopping. No wandering, no fussing, just pick a shop and an item, and I guarantee no side trips.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'll give you a choccie for being a good shop mate. :)
LOL @ plus I got a chocolate for being well behaved.
ReplyDeleteI must confess, I don't go shopping often so I do like to look at just about everything in the store. Just to see what's out there. Drives my kids nuts. But they get McDonald's for being well behaved. ;-)
Yes. Sounds like a normal shopping trip to me. LOL Shopping should be an adventure!!
ReplyDeleteMD! I wanna come with!! Then I can show you both how to shop!! lol
ReplyDelete