I promise there won't be too many double posts, but I have to tell you all an awesome thing that just happened.
I was out walking my dog, Bella, and now that little Maggie has gone, me and Bella can run and pretty much do what we want. I usually let her off leash because she is a good dog and well trained, so she doesn't go far from me. Actually since my wee dog passed, she doesn't go away from me at all when we walk.
So we are out for a walk and I spot this kid on a bike so I didn't let her off leash because I know some people are scared of big dogs. Well he comes up and says that she is a nice dog so I offer him a pat of her. Bella is a good dog and doesn't mind free pats. Well we continue on and he was yacking to me about my dog. Now, I may be a tad paranoid, but when kids talk to me I keep a distance. I don't want no one thinking I am some creep and I don't want any accusations.
He asked if he could walk her and I said he could. So I ended up giving him some tips on dog training. Well he kept going on and on and I answered his questions. I told him we were going up the street and around the corner and that he shouldn't tag along because it's too far from home but he insisted that it was okay and he rode his bike and kept asking me all these questions about my dog. Well, he takes off, and I go into my home and forget about him and start my dinner. Next thing Bella is down at the fence barking and I look out to see the lad out with his wee dog for a walk. Man that made me smile.
He yelled at the gate for me to come out and asked if I wanted to meet his dog. So I go out and meet this scruffy little thing and give him some more tips on dog training. Just between you and me, I don't think that dog has ever been for a walk, and from what I gathered, dad was an asshole who thought it was okay to drown pups. So I gave this kid a huge lecture on never being cruel or smacking a dog. But blimey, it really lifted my spirits when I saw the little tacker out walking his dog because of me and Bella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww that's cute! Can you come train my son's dog? She's a menace and she's HUGE. He tries to walk her, bless his little heart but it's no easy task.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!
ReplyDeleteLucky for his dog that he ran into you!
ReplyDelete