Thursday, September 10, 2009

Friday night, date night

I have a date on Friday (tomorrow) night. I really don't know this lady too well at all, so I am sure she will be surprised when she finds out that I could well be the inspiration behind the character Forrest Gump. When I made the date I was super cool on the phone. I was as confident as a pimp on Queen Street and portrayed all the wisdom of Papa Smurf. Unfortunately in real life I have the grace, charm and wit of a cabbage patch doll.
We met at a party so she really didn't have a good chance to know what a twit I am. That turned out good for me because now I get to take a pretty woman out. Muahahahahah .... my plan comes together nicely.

So hopefully on Saturday I will have a good story to tell, but most likely I will have a series of catastrophic events to re-live.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun. Charm her with your wit. You really are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do women really want smooth? I remember a guy that approached me in a nightclub once... (25 yrs ago) He asked if the seat next to me was taken; then he sat down and spilled his beer in his lap! I was charmed. We dated for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time. And we want all the details after. But don't worry, she's going to luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forrest Gump? Papa Smurf? A cabbage patch doll?
    I don't believe a word of it! LOL. Besides, I love all those things, so even if it were true, that would be endearing not off-putting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jase, I was single for many years and if a guy was too smooth he usually turned out to be a total jerk. Women want honest and open. Just be yourself and charm her with your sense of humor. Have fun and we will be waiting for the stories.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hope you didn't bring her ... a box of chocolates. :)

    ReplyDelete